Friday, July 29, 2011

Victoria Falls

We got to see Victoria Falls on Tuesday. It was amazing!!! I don't have any pictures with me but I'll post them as soon as we get better internet. I was blown away by how huge it was and how powerful the water is. As you drive into the little town around the falls you can see the mist rising from the falls from about 2 km away. Super cool! And there's this part at the edge of the Zimbabwe side that's called Danger Point. You can climb on the rocks and get super close to the edge and look down at the Zambezi River. Its such a beautiful sight. And, you get completely SOAKED because the mist comes down like a hard rain. If the falls weren't across a border and an hour away I think I'd go everyday after finishing a hot, dusty game drive. Then, we went to the craft market where we got a bunch of loot. I traded a hair tie for a cool carved hippo soap dish and Tim traded pencils for some figures of elephants. I also traded my old tennis shoes for some really cool giraffe bookends. It was crazy and kind of fun at the same time. We had to haggle and bargain a bunch so it was extremely draining as each person was saying, "Please, come look at my goods. I haven't eaten much today, please help me out." It was hard to separate truth from them trying to get an extra dollar from us tourists. Oh well. It was a very fun day all in all. Pictures will be posted soon.
~chels

No comments:

Post a Comment