Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back in Botswana

Hello everyone!

A lot has happened since we last posted. Chels has been preparing some posts so I'll let her tell you most of it but I just wanted to quickly say that we're back in Botswana now, ready to start working in Chobe National Park.

Work in Namibia went well. I worked in two new parks and got some good data. We also got to see a leopard and some African wild dogs, which are rare and very neat to see. Chels has had amazing success at getting to see animals. She's now seen all of the Big 5 (the 5 most dangerous animals to hunt: elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, and rhino). The lions were yesterday afternoon. We got stuck in the sand watching them and I tried to dig us out on one side of the car while the lions were on the other, but it worked fine and we got out and didn't get eaten so all's well.

Please do be praying for our vehicle situation. We picked up a second four wheel drive car here in Botswana but last night it's radiator started leaking. Now our local contact has taken it to "fix it" and we don't know if he'll give it back. My other two teammates from UF are only here for another 8 days or so but that may mean having to all share one vehicle during that time, which will slow down my work a lot. We'll keep praying and I'm sure it'll work out.

We love you all and miss you! Take care, we'd love to hear from you.

~Tim

2 comments:

  1. We've been praying for you at OAG and Glad to hear Namibia went well! I can't help but ask if you saw hippos? I'm now terrified of them :) We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is an awesome set of animals you guys have seen already! Lindz and I are still praying for you guys. We love you. Have faith!

    ReplyDelete