Sunday, July 3, 2011

Flying High

Today we took a plane ride over the Okavango Delta! It was beautiful! Maun so far has been the dustiest place I've ever been, so it was a crazy contrast to go from dry desert conditions to seeing this huge amount of land that is covered by water and grass. I saw a bunch of elephants and antelope-type animals. And I saw two big giraffes and a baby giraffe! It was so cool! The whole time I couldn't help but think about all the footage that they have of the Delta in Planet Earth and how I was getting to see it for myself! Awesome! Here's some pictures of the Delta and the plane ride.

First sights of the Delta. Beautiful!

Why Hello, Mr Elephant!


Again, beautiful!


Herd of elephants!


Us in front of the little plane.



Other than that, we've just been hanging out in Maun. Its a lot smaller than Gabs was, but still got the essentials. We camped last night and I slept better in the tent than I did many of the nights in the hotel in Gabs. There was an extra matress thing that was with the gear from last year, so I have that, plus my insulite pad and then I was nice and cozy in my sleeping bag with a blanket that one of the girls gave me. It was all needed because even with the sun up at 8 am this morning it was 7 C this morning! I was incredibly thankful for the warmth of my sleeping bag!
~chels

No comments:

Post a Comment