Monday, July 16, 2012

Into the park

It's been a good last few days in Kasane. Camping at Thebe has worked out fine and I've been in the park each day collecting data from the car. It's tedious at times but I feel good about actually getting data collected. And it's always wonderful to see and be close to Chobe's amazing wildlife!

Hopefully tonight I will start camping in the park. There's a great game scout working at the gate named Thero who has been very friendly and helpful. He suggested camping at the old gate, which is not too far from town and has water, toilets, and a shower. Sounds luxurious :) Skiller just called and says he's about an hour out from town so hopefully he'll get here, we can pick up some supplies, and then we can go find out about this camp site. I'll let you know how it goes once I find out more. Soon the real work begins in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment