Friday, July 20, 2012

Update on research and things

Hi all,

The work is going really well! Skiller is a great research assistant. We've taken 45 training samples in the last two days. Considering I was hoping to average 10 a day, that's excellent! I hope we can keep up this pace because then I can get more samples than the minimum I'd set. In this case, more data will always be better. No more scary animal encounters during the training samples. It's always a bit disconcerting when you research assistant suddenly asks if you know how to climb trees while you're out in the middle of a sample...but he was just checking.

Things have been quieter around camp. Two nights ago a herd of buffalo came by camp, but the kept a wide distance from our fire so things were fine. This afternoon Skiller found what he says was a snake track. If that's what it was then it's from a BIG snake. He said Mr Cash said there were African Rock Pythons around. Based on the track size this one is probably at least as long as I am. Personally I'm hoping not to run into it.

Thanks for your prayers, there's more I'd love to say but I'm out of internet time so it'll have to come later. I hope you all are well!

Tim

1 comment:

  1. So great to hear that the work is going well and Skiller is helpful! But the question remains...DO you know how to climb a tree?

    ReplyDelete