Saturday, June 30, 2012

One Body

One of the other neat things about being in Port Elizabeth is that Campus Crusade (now known as Cru) at UC Davis has a strategic partnership with NMMU. That means they send a number of their students here for short term summer missions projects and for one to two year longer projects (STINTs). One of my friends from Davis, Nick Stewart, is currently here on STINT. Last Sunday (June 24) he took me to church with him. I often am busy doing research on Sundays when I am in Africa and do not have the opportunity to visit an African church so it was really neat to see the people around me worshipping God and to be reminded that even though they are far away from the church I am part of in Gainesville and even though they have different accents than I do, we are still all part of one body in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I was wondering if you'd get to catch some of the STINTers.

    ReplyDelete