Thursday, August 2, 2012

It is finished!

Well...the work is never really finished...but the fieldwork for 2012 is. Yesterday we finished sampling in the Chobe Enclave. It was harder to find places to sample than we expected and we only got 15 samples but hopefully that'll be fine. We also dipped back down into the park to collect 4 more samples in an area that had high MSDI values but which we only had 2 points in. Hopefully now we can get a better sense of what's going on.

I leave tomorrow afternoon to head straight to Portland for the Ecological Society of America conference. I'm excited for this new conference but it's a bummer that it keeps me from seeing Chelsea for another week. Oh well, it'll work out.

I appreciate you all following along with my adventures this summer. I'll try to give an update once I'm back but just in case I don't get the chance, thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment